Monday, August 13, 2012

Things that suck but won't go away

Quote of the Day:
"Eighty percent of the people in the world are fools and the rest of us are in danger of contamination." - Horace Vandergelder, Hello, Dolly!


I would like to begin this post by professing my extreme hatred for the species known as mosquitos.  I have spent the past two weekends being eaten alive overnight by these bloodsucking insects, leaving my normally flawless canvas of alabaster skin (sorta) riddled with ginormous, itchy-as-hell welts.  Now, I am not an angry or vengeful person.  But if a species isn't going to make any valid contribution to the food chain (or society) and then goes around biting everything with a pulse with their nasty, itchy malaria and HIV, I feel entitled to my excessive revulsion.  There is honestly no need for these insects on this planet.  No other species depends on their existence.  So what are they doing here? I understand they're one of God's creatures, but, c'mon!  Is this part of that whole expulsion-from-Eden punishment rigmarole? Cuz it sucks.  That's pretty much all I have to say. Mosquitos suck. No pun intended.... or maybe it was intended.......

Speaking of things that suck but won't go away, Lady Gaga..... no, I don't have anything else.  Just Lady Gaga.... and Justin Bieber...... and Taylor Swift.  Seriously, no wonder today's youth are so fucked up!  If I had to grow up listening to the lame-ass music kids listen to these days, I'd have to shove a po-po-poker in my eye.  Of course, I shouldn't judge.  I spent my childhood listening to Stephen Sondheim and Andrew Lloyd Webber, so who am I to say what constitutes as lame-ass music?


I honestly thought I had more to write about this evening.  My brain's going in 18 different directions, mostly concerning self-doubt and job hunting, but I suddenly just got really tired and don't feel like slithering down into that can of worms tonight. Plus I doubt anyone feels like reading heavy melodrama like that at this hour, so I shall bid the interwebs adieu and good night!

Lady Gaga says goodnight too!





No comments:

Post a Comment